When I was taking my first course in dress-making I set a goal to finish all the assignments and pass with a Distinction by the end of August that year. So I went quickly through the assignments and posted them. When they came back I was rather disappointed. I had not passed. I had got merit on most of them and some required re-doing. I was also asked to send only one or two at a time.
One of the assignments that I had to redo was making and attaching a cuff. The course taught only one way of sewing a shirt cuff. The placket was not what we are usually taught to make (you know, bound edges, a facing, or a shirt placket). Instead it was snipped at the ends and folded under. Whenever I made it following their instructions, it turned out wrong and frayed at the corners (as you can see in the lower photo). I knew that this would not pass so I found a way around it.